So, time is winding down for Collider. And I don't have a lot of things to finish, but I do have some critical things.
Is slowly driving me insane. I keep thinking of ideas to pull it off. Then trying them, then failing horribly. At first it was ok, just discard the bad sheet, then move on. As time went on, looks like I got a little sloppier, or didn't take this or that into account, and ended up ruining a large piece of acrylic, ruining a large piece of rosco projection screen. Ruining some shorts. And just burning through my funds...thanks to freelance work to help keep it a float.
But, I'm trying not to get discouraged. So I press on. I'll just have to put in a new order for a new piece of acrylic. At least I can use the old one as a solid flat surface. Thankfully I have a spare piece of rosco, but it looks like I may be taking a step back to accomplish the compliant layer.
I was finally able to pull off the rail and squeegee method, but the silicone is full of bubbles. A LOT of bubbles. I cut a sample to see it through the projection, oh yeah, bubbles everywhere. SO, to try and turn lemons into lemonaide. I still rolled on the texturring to it, and it'll be at least a solid "backup" piece, just in case I cannot get one right in time.
So to any and all my readers, don't let the bumbs in the road get you down. It'll happen to the best of us. Nothing always goes as planned. And other words and phrased of encouragement I can offer.
At least writing about it made me feel a little better.